The following boarding checklist will provide you with everything you need to know, read, sign and leave for your baby to board with us, we just want to provide you and your baby with the very best possible service
High-Happy Pet Resort must have proof of vaccines BEFORE boarding any pet. No exceptions.
SPECIAL HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS
By entering your email you accept and that you have reed, understand and agree with all the policies and requirements listed here.
ALL medications must be in the labeled prescription bottle. ALL supplements must be in the original container.
This is a contract between HIGH-HAPPY PET RESORT (herein after called “pet boarding facility”) and the pet owner whose signature appears below (herein after called “owner”).
1. By signing this contract and leaving his/her pet with the pet boarding facility, owner certifies to the accuracy of all information given about said pet.
2. Owner acknowledges that it is not possible to protect against all risks to their dog/cat(s) at any time, even with the exercise of due care and attention and whether at the pet boarding facility or in transport, that these risks include injury, escape, theft, disease and fire.
3. Owner specifically represents to the pet boarding facility that the pet has not been exposed to rabies or distemper within a thirty-day period prior to boarding and that it is in good health and current with all required immunizations. (Dogs: DHLPP, Rabies, and Bordetella. Cats: FVRCP, rabies and feline leukemia or a negative test report).
4. As we strive to be a flea & tick-free facility, if upon admission your pet is found to be carrying fleas, we will administer Capstar flea treatment and a $10.00 charge (per pet) will be billed to the owner’s account.
5. If pet becomes ill or if the state of the pet’s health requires professional attention, the pet boarding facility in its sole discretion, may engage the services of a veterinarian or administer medicine or a special diet or give other requisite attention to the pet and the expenses will be paid by the owner. In the case of a medical emergency, the maximum dollar amount that the owner authorizes to be spent on veterinary care is $ (please fill in dollar amount, i.e. $250, $500, unlimited, etc.) If pet dies while boarding at the pet boarding facility the body will be stored at either the Owner’s veterinarian or as per Owner’s instructions.
6. I understand the Cancellation Policy as follows: High-Happy Pet Resort requires 50% of the balance of the boarding stay up front to book for any major holidays i.e. Christmas and New Year's. Refunds will be granted if we are given notice within 45 calendar days of the boarding start date. Credit will be applied to your High-Happy Pet Resort account or refund checks may be requested. This is to ensure everyone has a fair chance to book their holiday vacations and to help us with last minute empty spots to be filled during peak times. We truly appreciate the business from all our clients. No deposits will be required for cancellations falling outside of Holiday peak times as we still want to remain flexible for everyone's ever changing life schedules.
7. I understand that, by giving consent below, my pet(s) will be with other pets during its stay a the pet boarding facility. I understand that the pet boarding facility will not admit animals into play areas that are obviously aggressive. If, however, a pet acts out of character or unpredictably and my dog is injured I agree to not hold the pet boarding facility or their agents or staff liable in any way for these unforeseen acts. If injury occurs I authorize the pet boarding facility staff to obtain medical or surgical treatment for the safety and comfort of my pet and that I will reimburse the pet boarding facility for all costs incurred for this treatment. Also, if for any reason my pet is found to be incompatible with the group play, the pet boarding facility has the authorization to separate my pet into private play for the duration of its stay.
I DO GIVE PERMISSION FOR MY DOG(S) TO SOCIALIZE WITH OTHER DOGS
I DO NOT GIVE MY PERMISSION FOR MY DOG(S) TO SOCIALIZE WITH OTHER DOGS
8. I release the pet boarding facility from all liability for injury, damage or loss suffered by me, my pet(s), members of my family or guests and which loss is or may have been caused directly or indirectly by any act or omission of the pet boarding facility or by any person or property in the vicinity and during the course of the pet boarding facility providing the services requested and whether resulting from negligence or any cause. I agree to indemnify the pet boarding facility and save it harmless from all claims and costs of any nature and kind in respect of any loss caused or contributed to by my dog/cat(s) including any damage to the property of the pet boarding facility and I assume the sole risk of and the responsibility for same.
9. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or the breach thereof, or as the result of any claim controversy involving the alleged negligence by any party to this contract, shall be settled in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association and judgment upon the award rendered by an arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall, as part of his award, determine an award to the prevailing party of the costs of such arbitration and reasonable attorney fees.
10. This contract contains the entire agreement between both parties (High-Happy Pet Resort, LLC and pet owner). All terms and conditions shall be binding on the heirs, administrators, personal representatives, and assigns of the pet owner and High-Happy Pet Resort, LLC for this visit and all subsequent visits.
11. Pet owner agrees that by typing initials, dates, emails, and names on all contracts and forms online will be the equivalent to legal handwritten signatures. By submitting the forms electronically and clicking the send button, the pet owner acknowledges anything typed out as a valid electronic signature and consents to all items, policies, and provisions set forth herein.
We require that your pet(s) be up to date on Rabies, Bordetella (Canine Cough), and Distemper/Parvo. We can only recognize Bordetella for 6 months. Your pet must have at least 2 rounds of Distemper/Parvo. All pets MUST have a current Rabies vaccine.
All food must be in an airtight container, a Ziploc bag or a Tupperware type container. Please feed your pet breakfast/dinner if you are dropping off after 8:30am in the morning or after 5:00pm in the evening.
All medications must be in the original prescription bottle with the correct dosage instructions. A supplement or over the counter medication must be in the original bottle as well. Medications not in the original bottle with the correct dosage cannot and will not be accepted.
BEDDING AND TOYS
You may bring up to two (2) toys, bigger than a tennis ball. No rawhides, pig ears or bully sticks. (They may splinter). You may bring one (1) blanket and one (1) bed. Preferably something that is easily washable in our washing machine. Shin bones, chicken jerky, greenies and dentastix are all ok to have.
SUMMER FLEA CHECKS
All pets will be subject to a flea check when they come in the building, especially in the summer. If your pet is found to have fleas, we will administer a Capstar (at owner’s expense - $10) to your pet and give them a bath (at owner’s expense) if needed.
If your pet is found to need special handling instructions, such as a people aggressive animal, there will be a $5/night surcharge to the boarding rate. If your pet develops an issue during his/her boarding stay, you will be notified immediately so we may handle your pet accordingly.
SICKNESS and/or INJURY
At High-Happy Pet Resort we will do our very best to make your pet's stay with us a happy and comfortable experience. We will take care of your pet and their needs as if they were our own. But even with the best care, boarding can be stressful because your pet is in a new environment and its routines and habits are interrupted. At High-Happy Pet Resort we do our best to minimize stress by our loving and caring staff, attentiveness and proper handling, and strict cleanliness. Additionally, all boarding pets are current on required vaccinations, protecting your pet from sick pets.
Yet it is still possible for problems to occur despite all precautions we take. If any problem such as decreased appetite, loose stool or vomiting should occur, it will be detected by our attentive caregivers and we will notify you with the status of your pet’s current situation to take proper actions. If you cannot be reached, we will assess the situation accordingly and if emergency care is needed we will contact the veterinary doctor you provided on file. If problems develop and are persistent, and the doctor feels that treatment is necessary, you will be contacted by phone and any additional treatments will first be authorized. If we are unable to contact you and the doctor feels there are serious problems, your pet will be treated and normal fees will be charged. It is very important that you leave a contact number so we can reach you in an emergency or to pre-approve any potential treatments.
** High-Happy Pet Resort reserves the right to update or make changes to policies and procedures as needed to maintain the best environment and provide the best care for our guests. Clients will ALWAYS be notified of any changes when they occur.
High-Happy Pet Resort requires all pets entering our facilities to be up to date on vaccinations.
Clients with pets who have flea and tick infestations must call to make appointment.
All dogs must be on a 6-foot or shorter leash or in carriers at all times and under the control of an adult.
Pets must never be left unattended while in our facilities.
For the safety of all our clients, disruptive and/or aggressive dogs may be asked to leave, at management’s discretion. Talk to a manager to discuss options for using services that may be better suited for your pets special needs.
Children 16 years old and younger must be attended by and under the supervision of a parent or responsible adult at all times.
Last wash is 1 hour before closing.
There is no time limit.
*** Already Boarding your fur-baby with us? We’ll bathe your dog for you before pick-up time for a $10 Service Fee plus cost of Self-Serve Bath Package (Basic or Premium). Just let us know at check-in.